Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ellen Granter on "Flight"


Ellen Granter shared some thoughts with us about the work she's brought to our "Flight" exhibit (at Left Bank in Orleans through July 19). Here's are some biographical bits we thought you'd like:

"Although I have painted and created artwork since I was old enough to draw on my parent’s kitchen cupboards, my formal training was limited to a few drawing courses during college. I grew up in upstate New York and received a BA in Political Science and a MA in Chinese History from the University of Vermont. I studied Mandarin Chinese for seven years and lived in both Hong Kong and Beijing. I currently work part-time as a book designer for an educational textbook publisher, creating instructional design that helps children learn math, social studies, and science. Working from a tiny spare bedroom in my house near Boston, with one wall jammed full of art books and magazines, my artwork is now shown in numerous galleries across the Unites States and is present in many corporate collections. I am an avid birder, a slow hiker, an even slower runner, an obsessive sketcher, an intrepid traveller, a passionate environmentalist, and an aunt who enjoys spoiling her many nephews and nieces with elaborate pirate treasure hunt schemes."

Don't forget to visit our website to see more of Ellen's paintings

No comments: