Monday, January 26, 2009

shopping

I think it's time for a new feature column. We'll call it "What Will Susan Buy Today?!"

Today's a good time to start the column because I am less ashamed of my purchase today than usual. I am not, for instance, buying a whole set of pasta plates. Today I am buying book darts.

What, you may ask, are book darts? So glad you asked. They are copper bookmarks that clip to your page. They are pointy, so you can put them right where you left off and not have to read the same page over and over again because you are easily distracted and has that toast popped out of the toaster yet?

They look like this:


And when you put them on a page, they look like this:


These are all shiny and new because I just opened the tin. Over time, they will darken and get an antique look (which I prefer).

There are 50 in this tin, which should be just about right. I have about 30 books in progress. Or there are those pages I want to go back to for The Perfect Quote. There are enough darts to leave a few in books on the shelf. And I'll put one in my day timer, to replace the paper clip. They are genius, I tell you.

Book darts, the purchase du jour. $10 for a tin of 50 at your friendly neighborhood Left Bank Gallery.

Meanwhile, Audrey's at the New York Gift show doing some shopping of her own. We can't wait to see what she orders!

No comments: